The Good Dad Award™
Honor a Dad in Your Life
This is a non-profit national program that recognizes fathers from all walks of life. The mission of the award is to raise awareness and promote good fatherhood through a positive and meaningful recognition that can inspire and motivate others.
The Good Dad Award™ is an annual award honoring the accomplishments and sacrifices of fathers in our communities. This program asks that you nominate a father who has exhibited responsibility, selflessness, hard work, and dedication to his family.
The aim of the Good Dad Awards is to recognize the significant role fathers play in their children’s well-being and development and to raise awareness of the value of fathers in their families and in their communities. The award identifies and honors outstanding fathers for their exceptional commitment to raising their children and/or for their exemplary contributions to the development of children in their communities.
The Good Dad Awards candidate is to be of excellent character, free of any compromising issues, including those related to drug or alcohol abuse, child abuse, or any other issue that might harm the reputation of the awards.
The Good Dad Awards nominees must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates an outstanding commitment to raising his children
- Is an exemplary father
- Is an inspirational role model who has triumphed over adversity
- Contributes to the development and well-being of children in the community
- Provides significant leadership and inspiration to other fathers
- Nominees may include biological fathers, adoptive fathers, stepfathers, foster fathers, grandfathers and uncles raising their grandchildren, and other father figures
- A father may not nominate himself
- A father may be nominated multiple times (by different nominators)
Nominations open the first Sunday in April of each year and close the last Friday of May of each year.
The deadline for submission 11:59 PM on the last Friday in May of each year.
The decisions made by the Good Dad Awards Panel are final.