Frequently asked questions
There are many different ways you can help support Urban Light Ministries. You can volunteer with one of our programs such as The Sonshine Clubs, you can donate through these ways:
SHOP AMAZON and AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to Urban Light. Simply designate Urban Light Ministries as your choice of charitable organization.
DIRECT FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION - Your gift of any size will make a difference as we seek to turn the hearts of fathers to their children, and the hearts of children to The Father.
BE A PRAYER PARTNER - This is the Lord's work. Please pray He continues to guide, provide, and open doors for the gospel.
Send your gifts to:
URBAN LIGHT MINISTRIES
PO BOX 3132
SPRINGFIELD, OH 45501
Urban Light Ministries was a pioneer in addressing a growing systemic problem in America: the need for a father in a child’s life. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 24 million children in America – one out of three – live without their biological father in the home. Consequently, there is a “father factor” in nearly all of the societal ills facing America today. Research shows when a child is raised in a father-absent home he or she is affected in the following ways:
• 4 times greater risk of poverty
• 7 times more likely to become pregnant as a teen
• More likely to have behavioral problems
• More likely to face abuse and neglect
• 2 time greater risk of infant mortality
• More likely to abuse drugs and alcohol
• 2 times more likely to suffer obesity
• 2 times more likely to drop out of high school
• More likely to commit a crime and go to prison
Urban Light Ministries was established to address this crisis. Research now proves that fatherhood programs, similar to those developed and implemented by Urban Light Ministries, improve outcomes and children:
• Perform better in school, both academically and socially
• Have higher self esteem and lower rates of depression
• Less likely to display aggressive or hyperactive behaviors
• Less likely to engage in high risk behaviors (e.g., drugs, truancy), and
• Boys are more likely to become responsible fathers themselves
We are seeking ministry partners for the 2018/19 school year.
Introduce a Springfield or Clark County elementary student to the love of Christ. A one-hour weekly commitment to be present and engaged will result in a lifetime of memories for you.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT VOLUNTEERING CONTACT PHILLIP SANDERS
Currently, Urban Light Ministries only provides programs in the greater Clark County Ohio area. However, resources are currently being developed to implement the Fatherhood and Sonshine Clubs programs in any location with the assistance of online resources and curriculums. Eli Williams and other staff members are available for speaking engagements to discuss how your community or organization can address this urgent need of fatherless homes.