On My Shoulders (OMS) is a unique interactive course that is designed to equip fathers with the skills to build healthy relationships, especially with their children
On my shoulders includes over 75 activities that engage individual fathers and small groups in the application of the themes to their own lives. Themes are introduced early and carried throughout are:
- Fathers Matter
- Where Am I? Where do I Want to Be?
- Taking Stock of Relationships
- What is Your Plan?
On My Shoulders (OMS) empowers fathers to:
- Learn to replace communication danger signs with proactive strategies for respectful talking and listening
- Explore the role that personality plays in relationships with others
- Consider secure and insecure attachments
- Discuss the forces in society that serve to stereotype or limit a man’s role
- Understand the importance of commitment
What is unique about the OMS program? On My Shoulders is not about focusing on the deficits of men, but rather understanding their barriers and providing possible solutions. At the end of each section are three keys to building successful relationships.
On My Shoulder’s meets weekly on Fridays from 10 am to – 12 pm at the Citi Lookout building in Springfield, Ohio. Courses are held in a group setting with experienced, certified practitioners. To register, contact the Urban Light Ministries’ office at: 937-328-0122.